PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome Screensaver problems

Charlie69v
February 7th, 2011, 12:09 AM
I installed xscreensaver thinking it would be cool, and now i hate it. so I removed packages via synaptic and it hasnt done anything. i want to know how to re-enable gnome screensaver as the default
much appreciated

towheedm
February 7th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I removed packages via synaptic and it hasnt done anything

Does this mean that xscreensaver still runs or just that the gnome screensaver does not run after removing xscreensaver?

To re-enable the gnome screensaver, click on System > Preferences > Startup Applications and check if there's a screensaver entry in the programs.

If so, click on edit and check the command, it should be 'gnome-screensaver'. If it's xscreensaver, change it and that should be it.

If there isn't a screensaver entry, then click Add to add it. Make sure the command is 'gnome-screensaver'.

Charlie69v
February 7th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Does this mean that xscreensaver still runs or just that the gnome screensaver does not run after removing xscreensaver?

To re-enable the gnome screensaver, click on System > Preferences > Startup Applications and check if there's a screensaver entry in the programs.

If so, click on edit and check the command, it should be 'gnome-screensaver'. If it's xscreensaver, change it and that should be it.

If there isn't a screensaver entry, then click Add to add it. Make sure the command is 'gnome-screensaver'.
I edited it and it worked perfectly, thanks!