PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Stuck at a certain step in installation!!!

MrSpencr
February 6th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Hello friends. I have tried to install Ubuntu Desktop and Notebook editions but to no avail.

Every time - for each version, multiple times - I get stuck on the screen right after language select where it tells me to plug in, connect to the internet, and have 2.5 gigs of mem for best results. Once I click the forward button on this page I get stuck.. I have let my laptop sit for hours, multiple times to see if I needed to wait and after waking up today to see that it was still loading I knew there must have been some sort of problem.

I have installed Ubuntu twice before, w/ the same flash drive and the iso from the same computer. But now for some reason it will not work... Any help is highly appreciated...

And I apologize for the wall of text.

Bucky Ball
February 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Are you running static IP address? Or is the router serving your machine an IP? (DHCP)

At the very first screen on install (where you get the options to 'Try Ubuntu,' 'Install Ubuntu,' etc, click F6 and you should get a bunch of options. Try selecting 'nomodset'.

kansasnoob
February 7th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I'd almost bet it has something to do with hardware compatibility, most likely the graphics chip, can you list the actual hardware specs?