PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update Manager not showing upgrade to 10.04 anymore

hily
February 5th, 2011, 04:27 PM
hey, whenever 10.04 first was available update manager was showing it as available, now even with trying every possible combination of settings in software sources and in the settings menu in update manager, the option to upgrade is not showing up. also tried in the terminal with no updates available as the result...bah.
please help:confused:

dino99
February 5th, 2011, 04:36 PM
open synaptic, check its repo tab and be sure that the updates boxes are checked (3d tab) (config menu), then update, upgrade

hily
February 5th, 2011, 04:55 PM
i checked the repositories and everything looks good...still no update offered...
any other ideas?

dino99
February 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM
there are not updates every day, so it depend when you got the last ones. But you still can watch logs to find usefull errors:

- system admin logviewer (/var/log/)
- .xsession-errors (into /home, ctrl+h to unhide)

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo dpkg-reconfigure update-manager

hily
February 5th, 2011, 05:11 PM
yeah i get that but even if i have 9.10 up to date shouldn't update manager give me the option of upgrading to 10.04?

dino99
February 5th, 2011, 05:13 PM
yeah i get that but even if i have 9.10 up to date shouldn't update manager give me the option of upgrading to 10.04?

once again, check the synaptic settings

ajgreeny
February 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Set the system to do what you want in Software Sources, as others have said. See Screenshot