PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] theme

computerfreak4284
February 5th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I have downloaded this theme from this site but dunno to install it. HELP!!!!

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Blue-Joy?content=73387

ankspo71
February 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hi,
You can install it by using the Appearance Properties application by going to System -> Preferences -> Appearance.

When the Appearance Properties application opens, click on the Theme tab.
Here you can drag and drop the theme package into the main window, OR, you can click on the install button and browse for the theme you want to install.

If for some reason you already did this and the theme doesn't appear in the theme previews (sometimes it happens), then click on Customize, then choose the theme's "Control" and "Window border" by clicking on the appropriate tabs.

Manual Install:
You will discover that once in a while some themes don't want to install using Appearance Properties application. If that is the case, simply extract the theme package that you downloaded and place the extracted theme folder inside the hidden ".themes" folder inside your home folder.

I don't use Gnome for my Desktop, but if I did and I wanted to install this theme, I would install it to:
/home/james/.themes/Blue-Joy
Then I would go back to Appearance Properties and choose and apply the theme.

hope this helps.

computerfreak4284
February 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hi,
You can install it by using the Appearance Properties application by going to System -> Preferences -> Appearance.

When the Appearance Properties application opens, click on the Theme tab.
Here you can drag and drop the theme package into the main window, OR, you can click on the install button and browse for the theme you want to install.

If for some reason you already did this and the theme doesn't appear in the theme previews (sometimes it happens), then click on Customize, then choose the theme's "Control" and "Window border" by clicking on the appropriate tabs.

Manual Install:
You will discover that once in a while some themes don't want to install using Appearance Properties application. If that is the case, simply extract the theme package that you downloaded and place the extracted theme folder inside the hidden ".themes" folder inside your home folder.

I don't use Gnome for my Desktop, but if I did and I wanted to install this theme, I would install it to:
/home/james/.themes/Blue-Joy
Then I would go back to Appearance Properties and choose and apply the theme.

hope this helps.

I tried that with no luck. Maybe I have to use another theme manager to install it?

Frogs Hair
February 5th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hi ,
I just installed the theme by dragging and dropping it into Appearance Preferences . If the theme is not visible in the themes tab use the customize tab to locate the window border and control and apply them .

If the theme did not install you would have received an error message while dragging the package into Appearance Preferences.

Don't attempt to install the theme again until you have checked the customize tab for your theme. The theme is a tar.gz and in this case does not require extraction prior to installation.

computerfreak4284
February 7th, 2011, 01:02 AM
thanks got it to work.