PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Headers show on Print-Preview but never on print-out

nrundy
February 5th, 2011, 12:21 AM
When I print-preview a web page within firefox or an email from within Thunderbird, the headers and footers show up at the bottom and top of the page (e.g., the URL, Date etc). Yet when I print the page off, the header and footer is never shown. It never shows up on the print-outs.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any idea whether this is a problem with Fx or Tb or the printer? I've got a Brother 2070N printer hooked up by Parallel port with Brother drivers installed that I got from the Brother website.

nrundy
February 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM
man I've studied the about:config comparing it to a MS Windows about:config. Settings are same. Can't figure out why the headers and footers won't print. They show up on Print-to-file PDF jobs.

nrundy
February 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Here's an image of a print job from ubuntu and one from MS-Windows. Notice how high up the footer is on the Ubuntu print job?

If I change the about:config in Firefox to the next setting down, it still shows on the print preview but then it doesn't appear on print outs. There's got to be something to fix this.