PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu freezes on resume, login

Sean Hayes
February 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit. For the past few weeks, my laptop would occasionally freeze when resuming from sleep (or whatever it's called when you close the lid, I've heard 3-4 names for slightly similar concepts). No mouse or keyboard output is recognized. It's normally fine when I reboot and try to login, but just now it froze while booting; the default purple/pink background image showed up, but the login window never materialized and my mouse froze. I then restarted again, was asked to select a boot option, chose the latest kernel, and this time after I submitted my login credentials it froze and my desktop never came up. I then restarted again and everything was fine, though it took about 15-20 seconds for my desktop to show up, and it normally happens almost instantaneously.

Sean Hayes
February 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Once or twice my wireless dropped and then my computer froze while reconnecting, so I'm guessing it's a bug in Wicd or related programs.

Sean Hayes
February 14th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Every morning I have to restart my computer about 6 times, and it seems to be getting worse. Could someone please help?