PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Ubuntu ON a DoK

SkuenD
February 4th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Hello.

I just got a 16Gb Disk on Key, and i wanted to install ubuntu on him. what do i mean?
using the DoK as a hard drive and installing the system on him, than placing it inside a usb slot and boot from the DoK and being able to use it as a normal system ( not as a live cd, but also saving changes and etc ).
I tried to install ubuntu ( 10.4 if matters, that's the disk i had and i was lazy to rip another one ) from a normal computer but choosing the usb disk when it's asking on what disk to install the system ( i installed it all over it ).

When the installation was completed, i checked the dok with my Desktop ubuntu and all the files are there - home, var, etc, and all of that, But when i try to boot from the USB drive - nothing happenes ( just stays stuck forever ).

I know there's a solution called Universal USB installer for windows for this pourpose, but i saw that you can only dedicade up to 4Gb of the DoK's capacity, and i want to be able to use all of the 16.

Does anybody knows a way to solve the booting problem/install the ubuntu normaly on a dok?

thanks for all the helpers-
Niv.