PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] disable right click in right click menu

kokotakus
February 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Hello, can you help me please to solve my very frustrating problem?
I always accidently release right mouse button in any right click menu, so it automatically selects one of highlighted item in this menu. It's mostly the first item, so as example, if I am watching youtube video, and I right click somewhere in the page background, then release the mouse, it makes my browser go BACK one page, because BACK is first item in right click menu in chrome...
I am going mad with this, please help. Also I would like it to make it unable to right click in right click menu to press items in the menu... In other words, right click in right click menu has the same behavior like left click, but I want to disable it. I want it just like in MS windows, where when you click with right click in right click menu it does nothing. I have so many accidents with this right click menu, I hope someone understands me and gives me help.

wankel786
February 3rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
I have the same issue, would also like a solution if anyone found one

Frogs Hair
February 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
I tried to duplicate the behavior you described. while right clicking over the browser the menu appears but nothing is highlighted unless hovering over it. To preform any actions I have to Highlight the menu item and right click again. It could be your mouse is very sensitive which can be adjusted in the mouse settings.

kokotakus
February 3rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
yes, but i preffer this high sensitivity, anyway i have this bad habit, that i am spamming right clicks while watching youtube videos, and this accident always happens to me, that in middle of the vid, it turns me one page back and i go mad, so i am still looking for solution of this. Thanks

kokotakus
February 4th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Now I am in windows 7 and when I right click, the context menu shows up after I release it.

How can I config gnome to popup right click context menu after right click is released and NOT just pressed ? This will totally cure my mind.

EDIT: I just found this thread, more people are having this problem, and it's still unsolved, it's really ******* me off http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-810597.html

kokotakus
February 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
bump ](*,)

kokotakus
February 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
help me please

Copper Bezel
February 5th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I've experienced this in Firefox, where the right-click menu seems jumpier than elsewhere. I have a multi-touch trackpad, so "right click" means a two-finger tap, and it's easier than it might be otherwise to mess up. Still, it seems like a very minor issue, and any "solution" would seem impossibly involved.

kokotakus
February 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
still seeking for help

kokotakus
February 11th, 2011, 11:39 PM
just letting you know, that it was annoying me so much, I just couldn't handle it anymore, I switched to windows 7 again.
Sad that it's not customizable.

ankspo71
February 27th, 2011, 03:54 AM
I switched to windows 7 again.
Sad that it's not customizable.

:(

I just found this article on the web and it might be a solution to the problem.
http://tech.mobiletod.com/how-to-stop-auto-click-feature-in-ubuntu-10-10/

Hope this helps someone having this problem.

PS> I would also recommend to try to disable the "trigger secondary click".

kmajor
June 14th, 2011, 05:00 PM
+1 same problem here

The above link doesn't seem to fix the issue.

ojow
August 9th, 2011, 12:18 PM
This is very annoying! Need a fix too.

id777
January 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
what do you expect from linux developers? i got this on debian too :):) and its really comfortable, i would call it feature :)

<snip>

jmate24
January 11th, 2012, 08:08 AM
you could switch the left and right buttons for *buntu in your:

System> Preferences> Keyboard and Mouse or just "Mouse".

and click the checkbox that says "Left Handed" then click Apply and then Close the window.