PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error??? During install

trackmagic
February 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hello, I am trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 on my desktop computer (Dell Dimension 9200). It seems to start the install fine, but it gets hung up at some point.

I get to the "Who are you" screen and the "Next" button is greyed out and the install bar gets to about 85% and it says "waiting for you" above it.

I looked at the install details and the last thing it says is: "Ubuntu Kernel: [311.286716] 5:2:1 endpoint lacks sample ra attribute bit, cannot set"

Does anybody know what this means? How can I fix it?

xoomer.ap
February 2nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
trackmagic, look - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1680133
How many HDD-space you decided to give / and /home partitions?

trackmagic
February 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
I said that it could have all of the 160GB harddrive for the install and it could overwrite windows XP.

I only have 1 hard drive. Its possible there was not enough hard drive space to install (But I thought it would clear the drive before it attempted to install). Now windows will not boot so I'm not sure how to free up space if that is the issue.

However, I just noticed that somebody mentioned that I cannot have capital letters in my user name. I was setting my user name with capitals. I will try to change that and see if it helps (I'll let you know tonight when I get off work).

Thanks for the link. I tried to search, but I guess I did not pick the right keywords.

sikander3786
February 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Don't include an Upper Case letter in your username e.g,

trackmagic instead of TrackMagic.

And make sure your passwords match.