PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] internet problems...i think due to installation

IRCRAZYGUY
February 2nd, 2011, 01:51 AM
i am new to linux as i have just decided to begin using it as i study computer science and have encountered a few problems
1) when i was installing Ubuntu i did not have internet access for some reason and even when trying to use the network icon on the bar on the top i was unable to get any kind of connection at all
2)i continued to install ubuntu and am now still unable to connect to the internet... i think its due to drivers for my wireless adapter and also the lack of software updates as i was not able to do so upon installation

my wireless adapter is a Speedtouch 121g and i read that i need to use 'ndiswrapper' which i tried to install but i think i did it wrong.... so some guideance would be awesome if thats the right way...

my computer is a pretty decent pc and i have 64bit ubuntu installed

my unix skills are not too bad i understand how to use the command line for many of the commands and understand what alot of them do.... i just am struggling with the whole terminal installation stuff and lack of internet!

all i want is to know how to connect to the internet using my card... and if i have to re-install or something for those missing updates i didnt get at the start
please help!
Thanks alot!
<IRCRAZYGUY>