PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Need to logout/log back in to GDM on startup

philip38
February 1st, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hi all

Did a clean install of 10.10 onto my laptop, installed very easily with all default choices (apart from the oft noted problem with the standard .iso image available). Followed by installing the default updates, a few apps and the modules needed to tether via my iphone.

There seems to be a strange problem with the desktop though. The first login after the computer is powered up isn't quite right. It's usuable, but the panel shows two copies of the battery and two copies of the screenlets manager icon instead of the mail icon. (As well as screenlets I've also additionally installed dropbox to start on startup and have skype and firestarter up there sometimes). Also, the theme I've chosen (Radiance) doesn't seem to be right (the title bars are right but the desktop icons - folders, my iphone etc - are wrong).

But if I logout and log back in then everything appears fine. This isn't a massive problem but it is a little bit irritating. Anyone have any ideas? Let me know if there's any config options which would help, I'm not sure which would be relevant.

Best wishes - philip38

PS Apologies if there's already a thread on this - I have looked, but can't find one - could you point me at it.