PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how do u prevent minimising of Screenlets Widgets?

Arminius
February 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM
I'm trying out Screenlets widgets, but whenever I click the "show desktop" button, all the widgets vanish, how do I prevent this happening? so no matter what they will always be under everything else, but there when u minimize all windows.

VCoolio
February 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Try this if you use compiz: in System > Prefs > Compiz Config, go to General Preferences and unset "Hide skip taskbar windows".

Arminius
February 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
I have compiz installed, but it doesn't appear at the location you listed

stinkeye
February 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
I have compiz installed, but it doesn't appear at the location you listed
Alt + F2 and run

ccsm

If doesn't work, install with...

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

You can also set the screenlet to skip task bar by right clicking on
the screenlet, Properties > Options.

Arminius
February 3rd, 2011, 05:28 AM
thank you, that solved the problem, didn't realise that Screenlets was dependent on compiz

VCoolio
February 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
thank you, that solved the problem, didn't realise that Screenlets was dependent on compiz

Well, it's not. You had a window manager problem (compiz is a window manager). Minimizing windows is a wm thing. Screenlets are windows, although they aren't visible on the taskbar. So you had to uncheck the option "Hide skip taskbar windows", which means "don't minimize windows with 'skip taskbar' property". Windows like screenlets or conky are of these kind.

SebSmith
April 22nd, 2011, 05:15 PM
works for me also. please mark as solved :)

Claus7
February 28th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Hello,

Try this if you use compiz: in System > Prefs > Compiz Config, go to General Preferences and unset "Hide skip taskbar windows".

thank you so much! In maverick I went to:
Advanced search->General options and unchecked the option you proposed. I wanted that for cairo clock!

Regards!