PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] 1 App Different Icons

techunit
February 1st, 2011, 02:33 AM
I am running kubuntu and I need to set one application to use a different icon theme, and everyone else.

The Application I am using is Kdenlive and I need it to use the default oxygen icons. I want to use my Faenza Cuperido icons.
KDE has changed alot and something that was easy in KDE3 is much more interesting in the current edition.

I am running KDE 4.6

Thanks.

inobe
February 1st, 2011, 04:57 AM
are you trying to install an entire icon set or just an icon for a single app?

I am using is Kdenlive and I need it to use the default oxygen icons. I want to use my Faenza Cuperido icons.

little confused, which is it?

techunit
February 2nd, 2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry? Unfinished thought. I want to use the default oxygen icons with kdenlive and leave my faenza set alone for the rest of the system. I am not trying to install anything.

inobe
February 2nd, 2011, 01:42 AM
right click icon, hit properties, click the icon image under general tab, choose another icon.

techunit
February 2nd, 2011, 01:45 AM
You are seriously missing the point and I don't blame you. Faenza doesn't have many of the icons needed for kdenlive so I can't use the application with that icon sceme. I want to set it to use a different sceme. While leaving my normal desktop alone.

ankspo71
February 2nd, 2011, 02:46 AM
I haven't tried this before but you could try creating a second user account for your Kubuntu (which would use the Oxygen icons), then try running Kdenlive as that user. That way all applications will use Faenza Cuperido icons... except for Kdenlive that is using Oxygen.

This link should give you some ideas on how to do that:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2849234

This link shows how to launch an application as a different user from Krunner (the run dialog):
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/opensuse_guides/opensuse_11.1_kde_user_guide/sec_kde_use_startprogr.html

Hope this helps

techunit
February 3rd, 2011, 12:07 AM
It would pull icons from the current session I have tried this. It used to work in the past but I can't get it to work now.