PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to make speakers and headphone play at the same time?

netikras
January 31st, 2011, 11:20 PM
Hi. I own a netbook (samsung nf210 to be exact) which has Linux Mint 10 installed. What I want to do is to make both, headphones and speakers, play the same output at the same time.
I believe it is possible to make it since many people are facing such condition and treat it as a pulseaudio bug (or smth like that) :)
And it would be perfect if it was possible to easily switch between the modified configuration (dual output) and original configuration.
I've noticed there are some profiles (analog output, duplex, surround etc.). Is there any way to modify those profiles? If it was, I could modify the Analog Surround Output 4.0 profile and assign rear speakers to headphones and front speakers to internal speakers of my computer.

So there's the question: Is it possible to do all this? HOW?

(thanks in advance. I'm sorry for my mistakes since I'm not actually an English-speaker and this is my first thread in ubuntuforums.org :) If there's something you could not understand, feel free to ask and I will rephrase it :) )

ellaivarios
June 20th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Hi mate.

If you find something out please contact me. I'm looking to do the same thing.

It is absurd there is no switch yet to do this. You could have wice the sound volume and increase the quality as well by doing what we want. I've been trying to do this in Ubuntu, but so far I've been able to do it only in Windows 7.