PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Umm..Bluetooth & USB problem?

MyD0j0
January 31st, 2011, 05:04 PM
To start, I'd like to say I'm not sure this shouldn't be 2 separate posts, but since both have to do with USB, I'll start with just one and work from there. Second, I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 on an external USB hard disk and am booting to it using the machine's startup boot menu and selecting the option to boot to USB memory.

Once i'm logged in, I go to System/Preferences/Bluetooth and am told there are no adapters present--even though I'm using the Logitech diNovo kb/mouse to post this. Any idea why my Bluetooth devices aren't showing up?

Also, though I have my system on an external usb hd, when I go to use another usb drive, the system essentially blanks out. That is, the desktop is sorta there in terms of seeing the tool bars, but the icons in the tool bars white out and the wallpaper disappears. I can't see the mouse move and even though I have my system set up to display the shutdown options menu when I press the power button--it doesn't display.

My system is up-to-date using the update manager as of 1 hour ago. Any ideas on what is going on with the USB devices seemingly not being fully recognized or working?

Thanks for the assistance!