PDA

View Full Version : GAIM - AIM and MSN problems

Rhizome21
February 24th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Hey I was wondering if the "Direct Connect" and "Send File" work for AIM on gaim messenger. For some reason I can't direct connect nor send files through AIM. Is there a way to fix it?

Also, in MSN, is there a way to add smileys on it?

bored2k
February 24th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Hey I was wondering if the "Direct Connect" and "Send File" work for AIM on gaim messenger. For some reason I can't direct connect nor send files through AIM. Is there a way to fix it?

Also, in MSN, is there a way to add smileys on it?

1. aim question : dunno

2. msn of curs: preferences> smiley themes
if u mean custom smileys ... ull hav to mak em and put them on the emoticon files... i dunno if others will see ur custom tho :-#

adbak
February 24th, 2005, 04:59 AM
I'm not quite sure Direct Connect and Send File works with AIM, but you might try using Skype to send files.

Jspired
February 24th, 2005, 05:38 AM
I've had trouble with GAIM myself this month in both Ubuntu and SuSE. Direct connect worked at one time, but I think there's a network issue now..or so I've been told on other forums.

Kakalto
February 24th, 2005, 06:20 AM
I've had problems & stuff with GAIM, but Kopete works really badly under GNOME.

Jspired
February 24th, 2005, 06:42 AM
I've had problems & stuff with GAIM, but Kopete works really badly under GNOME.

Kopete is traditionally a KDE app though, no?

bored2k
February 24th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Kopete is traditionally a KDE app though, no?

yes and its ... not good lol

try amsn , its quite good

default is pitiful but after
$alien -d amsn-skins itlls be a charm!

Kakalto
February 24th, 2005, 08:13 AM
kopete worked great, when I originally had Gentoo and KDE. It took a little bit of personalising, and I preferred it over GAIM, but... it works badly under GNOME.

EDIT: I'm trying out AMSN... by the looks of it, it's using the default KDE settings (small text), and it's irritating to try to change KDE settings.

Also, it doesn't support AIM, YIM, ICQ, etc.

EDIT2: It's crashed unexpectedly.... I hope it doesn't do this often. I might stick to gaim.

BWF89
February 24th, 2005, 02:08 PM
When I was useing Fedora Core 2 and useing GAIM for some reason I couldn't add anyone to my buddy list because they said it was full

Auto Wah
August 24th, 2008, 05:06 PM
1. aim question : dunno

2. msn of curs: preferences> smiley themes
if u mean custom smileys ... ull hav to mak em and put them on the emoticon files... i dunno if others will see ur custom tho :-#

How do you add new smileys to gaim msn ??? I went to the preferences> smiley themes but I cat figure out how to add new !!!
Please help! Step by step.

Northsider
August 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Way to bump a 3 1/2 year old thread...

Oldsoldier2003
August 24th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Closed thread for necro posting. Besides... Gaim is now Pidgin