PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] get back the bottom panel

ngoc
January 30th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hi all,

By mistake, I deleted the bottom panel where we see all working applications. I try to add a new panel but my working applications don't appear in it :S

Any idea?

Megaptera
January 30th, 2011, 03:49 PM
PanelRestore, allows you to quickly and easily restore the default Gnome panels in Ubuntu and to backup and restore your existing custom panel configurations.

Here: http://helpdeskgeek.com/linux-tips/easily-restore-the-default-gnome-panels-in-ubuntu/

Hope this helps?

ngoc
January 30th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Works perfectly even I lost all personalisation but the bottom panel is back as espected :)

Thanks !

Megaptera
January 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
You're welcome!

Krytarik
January 31st, 2011, 10:10 AM
Works perfectly even I lost all personalisation but the bottom panel is back as espected :)

Thanks !
LOL! You could have just added the "Window List" applet to your bottom panel: right-click at it, click "Add to Panel...", select "Window List", click "Add".

ngoc
January 31st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Indeed, it could have been much quicker to do that ^^

Anyway, I know now ;)

Thank you.

Harestone
March 2nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hi ngoc!

I have just started Ubuntu and 'lost my bottom panel'. So my thanks to you and Megaptera for enabling me to restore it after a very short search of the Forums. I have now backed up my settings.

I see you are both based in Sussex; I send greetings from a sunny but bitterly cold Surrey.

Thanks and regards harestone