PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No application is registered as handling this file... DISC!

Zdeno.Pavlik
January 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Hello,
i have installed some programs for my Ubuntu (10.10), but now i cannot open one disc partition. I cannot see it in filesystem menu or anywhere else.
But when I run links that i have connected to files on that disc, it will display this message "No application is registered as handling this file" and i cannot open whole disc (disc partition).
Thanks for helping me... :-)
And i tried to upgrade nautilus, buw i have the newest version and nothing, only God and you can help me... :-D

dino99
January 30th, 2011, 03:06 PM
welcome,

i'm not god :( but i'll try to help :)

*** i have installed some programs ****
which ones ? from where ? (synaptic ?)

you can open synaptic and remove/purge (right clic) them then reinstall those packages (are they genuine ubuntu packages ?)

Zdeno.Pavlik
February 1st, 2011, 02:29 PM
welcome,

i'm not god :( but i'll try to help :)

*** i have installed some programs ****
which ones ? from where ? (synaptic ?)

you can open synaptic and remove/purge (right clic) them then reinstall those packages (are they genuine ubuntu packages ?)

Some programs = automatic updates from ubuntu server.. You know, safety upgrades etc. and nautilus dont work properly... :-D Other disk are acessible, but /media is not... So, if you could help me, I would be happy.. :-D