PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] frozen on install, help!

belladonnamilkshake
January 29th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I have ubunttu on my laptop.. download and setup was easy and i have yet to have any problems. HOWEVER, i just bought a new Asus Eee PC and trying to setup Ubuntu has been one pain after another. I have managed to make it as far as ALLOCATE DRIVE SPACE in the install. since i had decided to do a dual install, i gave windows 7 starter 62.0GB and Ubuntu-Netbook 81.9GB.. and since that sounded good to me, i clicked install now... it told me it might take a little while, i clicked okay, and the little loading wheel started turning.. 5 minutes or so passed and i realized the wheel was still there, but not spinning.... it's now been that was for about 25 minutes.

My question is what to do now? i don't want to screw up my new netbook. I love Ubuntu and i really wanted to put it on my new netbook because win 7 sucks and it takes forever to load. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Quackers
January 29th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Welcome to UF :-)
Which version of Ubuntu are you installing? If it's 10.10, did you choose the "install alongside" option?

Is there any sign of hard disc activity, or cd/usb activity?