PDA

View Full Version : does it happen to you?

Caligula
April 29th, 2006, 07:30 AM
I'm always switching desktops, themes, wallpapers, everything...
I just can't decide...
one day I'm all for XFce(I love it!) and one day I want gnome and only gnome installed... and the other day I download KDE and regrett it after a few hours of happiness...

And it get's worse with wallpapers and themes...
You won't see two screenshots from me with the same theme or background, or whatever that is posssible to change...

So does it happen to you?

](*,) :mrgreen: :-D XD

briancurtin
April 29th, 2006, 07:47 AM
sometimes, but i tend to just stick to gnome these days

also, whats "XD" at the end of your smilie list there? ive seen that like 5 times on this site today

Caligula
April 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM
yeah.. I also decide to "stick to something" quite often..lol

XD is basically like LOL, means laughing...

rpgcyco
April 29th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I'm like that a little bit, too. :)

I usually use GNOME for a week or two after a new release, but end up going back to the development version of XFCE.

I also experiment with Openbox and Fluxbox sometimes. Haven't tried anything else though, unless you include XGL and Compiz.

As for actual themes, I have stuck with Clearlooks from CVS for a while now. Looks good.

- Rpg Cyco

mostwanted
April 29th, 2006, 10:52 AM
XD = smiley lying down laughing so much its eyes are closed

fuscia
April 29th, 2006, 12:50 PM
even worse, instead of having a bunch of DE/wms that i switch back and forth on, i keep installing and uninstalling them. my right-click menu in openbox has a seperate catagory for wallpapers.

gingermark
April 29th, 2006, 01:27 PM
With my older computer (800MHz, 128MB RAM) I'd always be switiching between KDE and Window Maker. I love KDE, but Window Maker worked a little faster on that system :)

I gave GNOME another try recently, but it really isn't for me, I end up just getting irritated with it. And now I have a more powerful computer I just stick with KDE, it suits me down to the ground.

But sure, I'll mess around with backgrounds, themes, layouts, SuperKaramba and so on until I find a combo which I think suits me. And what I think suits me does change from time to time.:)

Ivaldi
April 29th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I did do that on my first Ubuntu install. I tried GNOME, XFCE, KDE and Fluxbox, but in the end it just cluttered up my Linux partition, so I reinstalled Ubuntu and went back to GNOME.

therunnyman
April 29th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I rolled my own desktop, then added a few things to it, then reworked the desktop to accomodate those things I added, then I added more stuff I don't need to enhance the desktop experience...

My name is the runnyman, and I'm a tweakaholic.

therunnyman

MenZa
April 29th, 2006, 04:25 PM
*nods*

Definitely. I like GNOME, but I fully agree on wallpapers, icons and themes. I'm using the standard Human right now (which owns), but I'm sure I'll change it in a week or two.

prizrak
April 29th, 2006, 04:43 PM
All the damn time, get bored of one thing want to play with another. I went through like 10 WM's in the past month and that is with GNOME alone :)

ComplexNumber
April 29th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I'm always switching desktops, themes, wallpapers, everything...
I just can't decide...
one day I'm all for XFce(I love it!) and one day I want gnome and only gnome installed... and the other day I download KDE and regrett it after a few hours of happiness...

And it get's worse with wallpapers and themes...
You won't see two screenshots from me with the same theme or background, or whatever that is posssible to change...

So does it happen to you?

](*,) :mrgreen: :-D XD glad i'm not the only one. although i stick with gnome because i like it and because of lack of viable competition, i do change my wallpapers and themes quite a lot.

Caligula
April 29th, 2006, 10:27 PM
well...
thank whoever exists out there that i'm not using a mac... lol