PDA

View Full Version : Wubi Upgrade Issues

brokenhorse
January 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I have the same problem. i recently reinstalled ubuntu 10.4 with wubi and everything worked fine. i installed all the updates. then upgraded to 10.10. no problems. I then restarted the computer went on 7 for a bit,then restarted it again and tried to go on ubuntu and got
GNU GRUB version 1.98+20100804-5ubuntu3
Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word,TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions

what do i do just uninstall ubuntu or what please help

coffeecat
January 27th, 2011, 09:10 PM
what do i do just uninstall ubuntu or what please help

First thing: don't tag along on an old thread. You are far less likely to get help than if you start your own thread. I only happened upon this thread by accident.

You have a problem where an update has affected your Wubi install. Have a look at the first post in the Wubi Megathread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198

If you need help with that start your own thread, and be sure to choose a meaningful thread title if you want to attract forum members who are able to help. This thread's title is how not to do it.

uRock
January 27th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Moved to new thread. I hope this helps.

coffeecat
January 27th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Moved to new thread. I hope this helps.

Thanks. :)

@brokenhorse, just to help you along a bit, from what you describe it sounds as though you have problem #2 as defined in the link I posted. And I guess you need either solution #2 or solution #3 depending on whether you upgraded from 10.04 or 10.04.1.

Good luck!