PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] notification

nomko
January 27th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I've got a sort of an issue here.
In the top right corner sometimes appears a black rectangular pop-up box (with white letters) with some notification.
As an example: when i'm printing a letter or email, that pop-up box appears giving some message that the printer is busy printing..bla...bla...bla....
It shows for a few seconds an then diappears, but when i go to the right upper corner with my mouse pointer, that pop-up box appears and keeps appearing every time when i go to that corner. Very annoying!!

How can i stop that? Even better: how do i get rid of it?
Many thanks in advance!!!

Frogs Hair
January 27th, 2011, 02:45 PM
You can remove the notification area by right clicking a thin bar just in front wired or wireless icon. Just select remove from panel.

This mark is very hard to see on some themes(almost invisible). The other option is to remove it from the synaptic package manager.

This will remove update notifications as well as others.

nomko
January 27th, 2011, 02:59 PM
You can remove the notification area by right clicking a thin bar just in front wired or wireless icon. Just select remove from panel.

This mark is very hard to see on some themes(almost invisible). The other option is to remove it from the synaptic package manager.

This will remove update notifications as well as others.

It's really a "part" of the notification area in the taskbar??
Damn.... Then i have to try to live with it.
Many thanks anyway for your response!

Frogs Hair
January 27th, 2011, 03:02 PM
When I run my printer without it I get no pop-up , but also no other notifications. :(

nomko
January 27th, 2011, 04:35 PM
When I run my printer without it I get no pop-up , but also no other notifications. :(

What version are you running?
I'm using 10.04.1 LTS.

Frogs Hair
January 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
10.10 , is it still showing with the notification applet removed ?