PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 11 consultant needed to solve mysql data directory on raid problem

drake51
January 26th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I need help resolving problem of installing mysql on Ubuntu 11 64bit. I have set up a raid array using four 1TB disks and can not get the mysql server to start after changing the data directory location to the raid volume. I have tried following all the on line methods to install and change data directory but to no avail. I have changed permissions, ownerships, etc to be like the /var/lib/mysql data directory. I have even disabled the apparmor profile for mysql.

I thought that I would reach out to the Ubuntu group in Texas and even someone in Austin. I will need additional consulting help to set up some web servers using tomcat to push computationally intensive RIA to clients.

Hope someone out there can respond soon.
cheers
ken

Druke
January 27th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Howdy!

I have tried following all the on line methods to install and change data directory but to no avail. I have changed permissions, ownerships, etc to be like the /var/lib/mysql data directory. I have even disabled the apparmor profile for mysql.

what did you do to change the data directory?

Semi related thread? (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=804126)

gordintoronto
January 27th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Are you trying to run production workload on a beta operating system? A much better choice would be 10.04 LTS.

Druke
January 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Also, for the record: I am an Austin local.