PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] doesnt pass the login screen

the6thg
January 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM
just yest i hd an upgrade...on ma ubuntu 10.04, and t hd asked 4 restarting bt i thot to do it after the downloading is over. Bt after that when i did restart, the usual login screen came, nd the right top corner showed an alert message regarding incomplete upgrade of power application manager nd i ws supposd to contact the sys admin! i ignored, typed in passwrd nd proceede. Bt wat hppnd was, i ended up wid a blank screen nd den back to the login screen! i cnt evn gt in to prode into the prob further!!
BADLY need help!!:(:confused:

Mark Phelps
January 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM
First of all, please do NOT use what is known as telegraphic speech -- you know, abbreviating words using letters. It's silly and it makes reading posts a LOT more difficult. We're not reading small screens on smartphones here; we're reading computer display screens.

Second, next time you boot, hold down the SHIFT key until you get a GRUB menu. Then choose the option that allows you to do a recovery.

You will eventually get another screen with choices. Select the one that will repair broken packages. IF that completes OK, you should then be able to reboot into Ubuntu.

the6thg
January 27th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Well...i apologize for that. Just out of habit. By the way, i did try just as u suggested, but the problem still persists...
The error message on the top right corner is exactly this...
- Install problem!
The configuration defaults for the GNOME power manager hav not been installed correctly. contact your system administrator.-
This pops up in the login screen...:|

the6thg
January 30th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I tried the boot grubloader option, thrice repair packages but still the same problem persists. After this recovery mode, i did resume, but it was in the GUI-less conditions...i mean that command prompt style.... The login screen still shows the same error message. :cry:

the6thg
February 11th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I reinstalled it.....hehehehehe:lolflag: