PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lost the pictures icon and music icon on the places menu

Beto
January 25th, 2011, 03:24 AM
(Maverick question)

Just as the title says, I lost the pictures and music icons on the places menu. When I browse the folders from nautilus I see the icons, but when I click on the places menu I see the regular folder icon and not the special pictures icon or music icon

How can I recover them?

Regards,
--
Beto

wilee-nilee
January 25th, 2011, 03:47 AM
(Maverick question)

Just as the title says, I lost the pictures and music icons on the places menu. When I browse the folders from nautilus I see the icons, but when I click on the places menu I see the regular folder icon and not the special pictures icon or music icon

How can I recover them?

Regards,
--
Beto

Open home and drag them to the side panel on the left.

Beto
January 26th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the answer but it didn't work. When I open home the panel on the left has the icons as they should be and if I do what you tell me to do, nothing happens. In Menu/Places, the icons are still the ones from regular folders. Maybe it is a bug?

Regards,

Krytarik
January 26th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Try to correct it with the options of "Ubuntu Tweak", worked for me one time.

khamil8686
January 26th, 2011, 03:09 AM
you can also try right clicking a panel (might have to be over some text like Places in the top panel) and selecting menu editor and removing the item in the places menu and then adding it back again, hope this helps!

Krytarik
January 26th, 2011, 03:57 AM
you can also try right clicking a panel (might have to be over some text like Places in the top panel) and selecting menu editor and removing the item in the places menu and then adding it back again, hope this helps!
The "Places" menu isn't covered by the menu editor.;)

Beto
January 27th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Try to correct it with the options of "Ubuntu Tweak", worked for me one time.

Thanks, this worked and now my icons are Ok.

Regards,

khamil8686
January 27th, 2011, 03:30 AM
glad you got it figured out! :) would you mark this thread as solved so if anyone else searches for a similar problem they can see how you solved it?