PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Open office installation

gkara
January 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hi Experts,

I am a newbie to Ubutu. I have installed UbuntuSTudio 10.04 Lucid, and to install Open Office, I have chosen the below method:

1. Went to System-->Administration-->Synaptic Package manager.
2. Here, I chose Open Office Package and marked something, which I now dont remember.
3. Download of the associated packages have been completed, but it is not installed. Around 99 mb is downloaded, but I am not sure where it is saved.

The problem is that, it is not yet installed. After the download, it behaved like it was installing, i waited, but of no use.

Can you please let me know how to install the same and where the downloaded packages sit in the system?

Regards,
Gurucharan.

dino99
January 23rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
if you have installed openoffice (look at synaptic) then you can find it into "Applications" menu.

the downloaded packages are into /var/cache/apt/archives (for a while only, waiting for installation, but you dont need to worry about)

gkara
January 23rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hi,

I am unable to see the same in Application menu. By the way, where can I see that menu in UbuntuStudio Lucid (10.04).

Its okay. Anyway, please let me know how to install completely the Open office org. I mean, through command line prompt? Or any .db dump to install it? Any link?

Please help.

Thanks,
Gurucharan.

gkara
January 23rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Dino,

Sorry for bothering you. I actually got the link to download the office from the link you have provided.

By the way, how to delete a post in case if it is already posted? I m going to edit mode, but there is no option to delete there....

Thanks,
Gurucharan.

Hagar Delest
January 23rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Have a look at: [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co. (http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=68)