PDA

View Full Version : Comment and Markup toolbar in acroread

evenrelation
January 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Hello

I create many pdf files in LaTex through emacs/auctex. I can't use the "Comment and Markup" toolbar in Adobe Reader, presumably because the security properties show exactly that.

Can someone explain to me what I have to do to be able to annotate my own pdf files in Adobe Reader?

I emphasize that these are my files that I wish to deal with, not someone else's. I'm not trying to violate any drm or property rights.

evenrelation
January 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
I just learned the difference between Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat.

Since this is a commercial issue, you can forget this thread.

czeng7
November 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Hello

I create many pdf files in LaTex through emacs/auctex. I can't use the "Comment and Markup" toolbar in Adobe Reader, presumably because the security properties show exactly that.

Can someone explain to me what I have to do to be able to annotate my own pdf files in Adobe Reader?

I emphasize that these are my files that I wish to deal with, not someone else's. I'm not trying to violate any drm or property rights.

I have the exact same issue and it seems there is not proper solution current, except you are prefer to use some alternative such as Okular; However, please notice that the notes marked under Okular CANNOT been access under other PDF viewer since Okular only add a layer over the original PDF other than really change the PDF. This means you can only view your notes under the same software, not others.

You can follow the page for recent updates: http://askubuntu.com/questions/152082/cannot-add-additional-toolbar-buttons-in-acrobat-reader