PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lucid kernel upgrade to ppa. 2.6.37-12?

ajgreeny
January 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
I wonder if others have upgraded their Lucid kernel using the
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
repository. I have been using the repository for some time now without any apparent problems, and have gone from 2.6.36-1, through 2.6.37-10, and am now on 2.6.37-12.

All of these seem to work with no problems at all, but I am just wondering if other users can also report success, or if there are any trip-ups that might occur. I still keep updating the "standard" kernel from the main repos, ie 2.6.32-27, so I have that as a backup, but I'm just very curious about other people's findings.

Quackers
January 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
I've run all those kernels myself, but only in Natty, not Lucid. I did have a big problem with 2.6.37-7 (second update) which totally trashed every backup kernel as well! That wasn't nice. No previous kernel or recovery entry would boot at all. Very nasty! But that was in Natty, as I said.

Kognit
March 19th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have lucid and i have installed through ppa 2.6.38-7 kernel. It works amazing. My touchpad has been finally recognized and my sound works much better (that means louder, much louder :)

I am wondering if is there any need to upgrade graphics drivers too since we are using these kernels.