PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Skype Freezes on Maverick

Sugi
January 22nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
I have been trying to fix skype for a while now and it's failing to resolve anything. It's like skype is frozen in time, and stops workings.

I've tried this method, but it doesn't help me.
sudo chmod ugo+r libpulse.so.0.12.2
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ia32-libs/+bug/646862

More details on the freezing issue:
Skype freezes [kinda], it's like it's frozen in time, but I can click on the interface and change options, but nothing changes, it shows that the same friends are online even though they have signed off, I can message them but a yellow '!' mark appears by the message.

My Error:

(<unknown>:9878): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(<unknown>:9878): Gtk-WARNING **: Loading IM context type 'ibus' failed

How are people getting skype to work with their maverick box?

Ubuntu 10.10 x64
Skype 2.1.0.81

Sugi

Sugi
January 23rd, 2011, 03:36 AM
Where does everyone install their skype from? software center or deb? Can anyone provide links?

Sugi

Sugi
January 24th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I have reinstall skype through the ubuntu software-center, and it appears it has helped a little. In the last 24, it has only crashed once, which is a BIG improvement from crashing about every half of an hour. Though, I am worried it's going to start crashing a lot soon.

Sugi

Sugi
January 31st, 2011, 01:39 AM
I guess, the crashes is over with since the reinstallation. I wish, I could have found what the issue was before. This really ins't solved, but the problem is gone now.

Sugi

Sugi
February 6th, 2011, 09:08 AM
It looks like the crashing problem is back again, hasn't anyone else found a solution to this yet?

Sugi

Sugi
February 8th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Bump for new information.

Sugi