PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wifi not working after 10.10 Installation

vwhit09
January 22nd, 2011, 01:21 AM
I just installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my HP Compaq nx6310 and it knocked out my wifi. I have seen may threads with wifi problems for 10.10. One mentioned upgrading Bios to A08. If that is the trick can someone walk me through that process ASAP. Someone else mentioned pressing F2, however that did not work for me.

IWantFroyo
January 22nd, 2011, 01:26 AM
Ok, first of all, have you checked Additional Drivers (Settings-Administration)?
Also, f2 isn't for all. For example, my laptop does it with ESC. A useful strategy is running your hand down all the keys =D
Good luck.

sevenenemy
January 22nd, 2011, 01:43 AM
for mine it is alt+f11 so its different for most makes/models but if you look in your top panel there should be a button for additional drivers, it will not install firmware for your wireless on its own if it is proprietary so you need to manually do it. when the additional drivers box opens after you click it select the one it has chosen for itself, usually the sta driver and that should do the trick.

vwhit09
January 23rd, 2011, 03:15 AM
When I go to additional drivers it gives me the option to install B43 wireless driver. That seemed to do the trick. The driver is now activated, but I still have to confirm if it will pick up wireless signals. Thanks.