PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Acer Aspire 4520 Wifi Lost Functionality--Wireless Disabled

dsmann12
January 21st, 2011, 11:40 PM
Hi, i'm running 10.10 on an Acer Aspire 4520. I've had a wifi connection for about a week since I installed Ubuntu, but after my computer died and was rebooted, I lost wifi functionality. I'm a new user to linux and have just started teaching myself the basics of the OS so this problem is a little over my head. The wifi used to be able to be turned off and on with a button but that button no longer works. I partitioned my entire hard disk to run Ubuntu. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem? Thanks for any help!

dsmann12
January 21st, 2011, 11:56 PM
I have an atheros AR5001 wireless network adapter if that helps!

uwe.koch.k
May 7th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hi:

1) if you are running a 3.6.32-* kernel, you will have no trouble with your wi-fi connection. For the bad, it's not the case for the latest maverick or natty kernel versions.

2) if you are running a 32 bit actualized distro, try this forum:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1240781

it is said that it works for the acer aspire 4520 on 32 bit distros. I have tried it, but discovered too late that it only seems to work on 32 bit distros.

3) if you are running a 64 bit actualized distro, I have not found a solution yet. Stay tuned.