PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu note book 10.4

rottenralph
January 21st, 2011, 08:54 PM
i now have UBUNTU 10 4 on my lap top and all is working AOK!, i suppose because i'm not sure of all it's REPORTED great features ..BUT!,BUT . i have a note book that had Ver 8.some thing on it and it worked great . email .browse etcc

i have upgraded my note book to a " note book 10.4" so i have been told and paid for..now i can't get the wireless working because i can' make the pop up window (for the mail account info) small enoug to Hit the OK button ,also i can' remove the task bar or get rid of the task bar (Hoz top)as i can on my laptop ubuntu (right clk) that may help in resizing the screen ...help!!! before i go back to the version 8 which i believe was made for the Eee

contact
ralph

cariboo
January 21st, 2011, 11:34 PM
At the login screen, chose the gnome desktop from the session changer at the buttom of the screen. The netbook edition has the top panel hard coded not to be changeable, but you should see the network icon there even when an application is open.

I'm running Natty (110.04) on my netbook, and the interface is totally different so a screen shot wouldn't do much good.