PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Multiple keyring logon dialogues

b9k9kiwi
January 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
I would happily do without having to logon to my wireless connection but, apparently, one can either have automatic logon at boot or automatic logon to the network - but not both.

Anyway, of late my Ubuntu box has begun to request my network keyring password 2, 3 or 5 times (never 4, though). This was a real nuisance until I discovered that I can respond with my password on the first occasion and simply 'cancel' the subsequent requests.

This is not critical but I would love to rid myself of the subsequent dialogue prompts.

Any advice appreciated.

Edit: problem has gone away - update downloaded a fix I suppose.

grahammechanical
January 21st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Have you set the wireless connection to Automatically Connect and to be Available to all users?

Regards.

b9k9kiwi
January 22nd, 2011, 01:56 AM
Have you set the wireless connection to Automatically Connect and to be Available to all users?

Regards.

Yes

Ubuntu 10.10 by the way.

Jeff268
January 27th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I too have this problem but I can "X" out if the dialog and still have wireless access. Any way to stop the dialog from popping up?
I also have 10.10

jeff268

bobonthenet
January 29th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Bump, I'm also having this problem and I've been watching this thread for a while for some answers. It is really becoming very annoying.

sssbbb
March 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Another bump - having the same problem. It started prompting twice, now three times every time.

Edit: workaround here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1621251&page=2