PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dell Latitude E6510 - Ubuntu 10.10 installation problems

didadi777
January 20th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Hi folks,

I bought a refurb E6510 recently and I want to install Ubuntu 10.10 (preferred) or 10.4. THere have been numerous posts online regarding the black screen during bootup and even I have experienced the same. Dell / Ubuntu doesn't seem to really bother about fixing the intel drivers nor there is any adequate information online. Ubuntu site tells the users to go and check with Dell for the free installation CD (10.04 i believe) but Dell is not ready to send one to me.- which I highly doubt can fix.

Has anybody succesfully installed Ubuntu 10.10 (or 10.04) that matter, on E6510? (Mine is i5/Intel HD graphics). If yes, can you please list the instructions or any tricks that were used. (Hitting F6, nomodeset etc did not work so far :(

Your help is appreciated..Thanks. I've found a couple of bug fixes/reports and some custom kernel etc to get this going but have not found the exact steps. Can somebody please help me?

Thank you in advance.
didadiE