PDA

View Full Version : have you seen the honda commercial yet?

super
April 28th, 2006, 02:29 AM
this is crazy! no computer graphics or anything like that. it all takes place in real time exactly as it looks in the commercial. over 600 take, 6 million dollars and three months of work produced this.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php

too much time and money on their hands, but cool nonetheless :cool:

unbuntu
April 28th, 2006, 02:36 AM
reminds me of my high school physics problems...

mishranurag
April 28th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Yeah, I did see that long back, and saw that couple of times later again. Its really amazing.

Anurag

prizrak
April 28th, 2006, 03:44 AM
It's pretty old. Honda is trying to be cool :) (Good luck with that after the Civic)

3rdalbum
April 28th, 2006, 04:46 AM
No, it's computer animation. They just produced the "behind the scenes" featurette to create hype.

LMP900
April 28th, 2006, 06:33 AM
I saw this during on one of my physics lectures.

void_false
April 28th, 2006, 08:43 AM
"Isnt it nice when things just work?" - reminds me Linux saying. 8)

welsh_spud
April 28th, 2006, 03:07 PM
That is one of my favourite adverts on TV (car ads do tend to be very good). But there are some strange things in that Honda one. Like when the tires are going up that ramp...

Stealth
April 28th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Yup, this was an old commerical, but cool nonetheless. ANd no it was NOT computer animated...

That tire rolling upwards is a nice trick. What you do is add a weight inside of the cylinder on the side you want it to roll up to. Obviousy, the weight must be heavy enough to cause the wheel to move, but its a cool effect. You can try it yourself. Get a toilet paper tube, and tape some pennies on the insides, and you'll see it can roll funny...:)

eriqk
April 28th, 2006, 07:04 PM
It's a nice take on the old Fischli and Weiss video, but I think it's too slick and perfect to be without CG. Even Fischli & Weiss had to edit the hell out of their project.

Groet, Erik

Kimm
April 28th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Yup, seen that one ^^

Have you seen this one then?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1990145653298392267&q=impressive&pl=true

(just skip the anime intro... if you want to that is, its realy irrelevant)

briancurtin
April 29th, 2006, 02:30 AM
No, it's computer animation. They just produced the "behind the scenes" featurette to create hype.
wrong.

Cyril
April 29th, 2006, 02:52 AM
"That is one of my favourite adverts on TV (car ads do tend to be very good). But there are some strange things in that Honda one. Like when the tires are going up that ramp..."

The tyres move funny probably because they have weights placed in them. Weights are placed near the top of the tyres make them roll upwards when they are nudged.

Kimm
April 29th, 2006, 02:59 PM
"That is one of my favourite adverts on TV (car ads do tend to be very good). But there are some strange things in that Honda one. Like when the tires are going up that ramp..."

The tyres move funny probably because they have weights placed in them. Weights are placed near the top of the tyres make them roll upwards when they are nudged.

Ah, I was thinking about that too, but that sounds logical enough