PDA

View Full Version : New Olympia Linux MeetUp formed

R.Bucky
January 19th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Do you want to be part of the local Olympia MeetUp.com community? Come and discuss Linux with a group of likeminded people. Head on over to http://www.meetup.com/oly-linux/ and be a contributing member. Thanks in advance for your contribution and support to the Linux Community.

http://nwlinux.com/wp-content/themes/arthemia/scripts/timthumb.php?src=/uploads/meetup_oly-linux.png&w=200&h=175&zc=1&q=100

Laysan_A
January 19th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Bunch'a Greener scum, no doubt!

:p

R.Bucky
January 19th, 2011, 05:06 AM
I am a local Network Administrator and host around 3 dozen web sites for personal, business, and development purposes. Not quite sure where academic history plays a part in evaluating contributions to the Linux community. The invitation is open to anyone that has something to contribute.

Laysan_A
January 19th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Lighten-up, man!
:D

R.Bucky
January 19th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I run a tight ship here man! Gotta be on top of those who dis in the forums. :-)

ShakaDoodle
January 19th, 2011, 06:51 AM
What a wonderful idea - thanks for putting the work into this. I live in Everett, love linux, but tend to be just a tinkerer with the system, use Lucid Lynx 10.4 all the time. Not a pro so a bit reluctant to join the group. But, happy to see someone in the area willing to contribute so much - very nice website - wishing all the best.

R.Bucky
January 19th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hello ShakaDoodle - No need to be a pro with Linux to join. I have always believed that no matter who you are or what level you work at, even a seasoned professional,there is always something to be learned from others. Keep us in mind if you are in the neighborhood and you have a couple of hours to kill in Oly.

Thanks for your note.

~Mark

PWill
March 3rd, 2011, 12:27 AM
Hey, I'm Greener scum, too!
Excited to get involved with y'all...

Easy Limits
March 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Hello all! Good to see other Olympians on this forum. I live in Lacey.