PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Distributable live CD 10.10

soorjithp
January 18th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hi

I have created a distributable live cd for 10.10 (Remastersys->dist command). Then selected the install option after booting with CD, but it acts like running with Live CD. It is not installing, simply shows the Desktop. If anybody know about this pls inform me.

Regards
Soorjith P

apemax
January 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Hello. I think remastersys is only for making LiveCD's although i'm not sure. never used it before. if you what to make a custom install CD have a look here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization

slooksterpsv
January 18th, 2011, 07:17 PM
apemax try to just click on the post reply once as you have 4 duplicate replies now.

Anyways, to the OP, after you've booted up and logged in, press ALT+F2 and type in ubiquity to start the installer. It didn't give me an icon for installing on the desktop of the live cd, but you can invoke it that way.

brijith
January 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
apemax try to just click on the post reply once as you have 4 duplicate replies now.

Anyways, to the OP, after you've booted up and logged in, press ALT+F2 and type in ubiquity to start the installer. It didn't give me an icon for installing on the desktop of the live cd, but you can invoke it that way.

Hi this is soorjith's friend, Ubiquity is not working. It simply does nothing. I mean no results or error messages

slooksterpsv
January 21st, 2011, 11:12 PM
Hi this is soorjith's friend, Ubiquity is not working. It simply does nothing. I mean no results or error messages

In the live cd env. try to reinstall Ubiquity, or run it in a terminal and see if any errors show up there. The only other thing you could try is booting to Install instead of Live CD.

brijith
January 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hi,
The problem got solved. After installing ubiquity in the PC and after that created another live CD of that. Now it works fine. :)