PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Events

Windwalker52
January 18th, 2011, 01:13 PM
There is a upcoming event which may be important to you on which is the Ubuntu User's Days which have a lot of live classroom discussion and instruction on various topics throughout the period of 29-30 of January of 2011 which pretty much runs all day long.
I am looking for recordings of these sessions for a archive. If you happen to find something please notify me here in this forum. They still have a lot of work to do on putting it together but expect further announcements as they progress in their efforts.

Also note this link. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue219. It is the weekly newsletter concerning Ubuntu and our community with detailed activities concerning us. There are archives of all previous newsletters which may help clear up some confusion and help educate us in the processes of this team including a monthly report of team activities which is expected of all teams.

If you would leave this thread up and running and devoted to activities that are upcoming.

Ubuntu 11.04 is going to be timed with what is hoped at the moment to be a good-sized advertising campaign so expect to get some interest from other OS users that are new to Linux and Ubuntu about April of this year.
Every other Wednesday and Friday unless you want to meet earlier than that which is going to be the 26th and 28th of January is the next scheduled meeting series.
Expect more later as the Ubuntu User's Days starts to take form.
Windwalker

cbarron
January 21st, 2011, 01:20 AM
what is the irc chat link again?????? I cant find it

Stray Wolf
January 21st, 2011, 08:38 PM
what is the irc chat link again?????? I cant find it

#ubuntu-missouri

Windwalker52
January 24th, 2011, 06:20 AM
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuPre-installed has a list of hardware vendors who sell Ubuntu pre-installed machines.
Plan on a meeting which will take place on the 26th and continued discussion on the 28th.
Bring ideas about a possible website to the meeting and how we could use it.
Working on the technical aspects of getting everything working fairly perfectly.
See You there!
Windwalker