PDA

View Full Version : minecraft server MCLawl on mono

Hiew
January 17th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I'm attempting to run a server for a game (minecraft) however it requires mono. Now, the server is being managed by my hosting company though I have root access. I had to compile mono 2.8 in order for it to work on my system but I am still getting the following error and wasn't sure if anyone could at least just make sense of it.

----01/14/2011 11:34:09 ----
Type: DllNotFoundException
Source: System
Target: .ctor
Trace: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream:CreateZStream (System.IO.Compression.CompressionMode,bool,System .IO.Compression.DeflateStream/UnmanagedReadOrWrite,intptr)
at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen, Boolean gzip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream:.ctor (System.IO.Stream,System.IO.Compression.Compressio nMode,bool,bool)
at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.Compression.GZipStream:.ctor (System.IO.Stream,System.IO.Compression.Compressio nMode)
at MCLawl.Level.Load (System.String givenName, Byte phys) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

-------------------------
Type: NullReferenceException
Source: MCLawl_
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Target: <Start>b__0
Trace: at MCLawl.Server.<Start>b__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

directhex
January 17th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I'm attempting to run a server for a game (minecraft) however it requires mono. Now, the server is being managed by my hosting company though I have root access. I had to compile mono 2.8 in order for it to work on my system but I am still getting the following error and wasn't sure if anyone could at least just make sense of it.

Type: DllNotFoundException
Source: System
Target: .ctor
Trace: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream:CreateZStream (System.IO.Compression.CompressionMode,bool,System .IO.Compression.DeflateStream/UnmanagedReadOrWrite,intptr)
at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen, Boolean gzip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream:.ctor (System.IO.Stream,System.IO.Compression.Compressio nMode,bool,bool)
at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode, Boolean leaveOpen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream..ctor (System.IO.Stream compressedStream, CompressionMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.Compression.GZipStream:.ctor (System.IO.Stream,System.IO.Compression.Compressio nMode)
at MCLawl.Level.Load (System.String givenName, Byte phys) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Type: NullReferenceException
Source: MCLawl_
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Target: <Start>b__0
Trace: at MCLawl.Server.<Start>b__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The environment for your self-compiled Mono is incomplete. Ensure that the nonstandard path is added to /etc/ld.so.conf, and "ldconfig" run

Hiew
January 17th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Okay I'm still new to this whole thing.

My /etc/ld.so.conf reads:

include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

And I have mono.conf:

/etc/ld.so.conf.d/mono.conf

I also ran

ldconfig /etc/ld.so.conf.d/mono.conf

Doing this last step with ldconfig got rid of my errors, THANK YOU!

I've spent countless hours asking many people from a few different sources, and it was as simple as one line..