PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to acces to toolbar configuration file?

pakito15191
January 16th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I had a problem and I think the easiest-quicker way to solve it is re-installing ubuntu, but I know that I'd take some time and headaches configuring all the toolbars and etc, so, where is the file with the toolbars configuration (no, no internet toolbar or other, I mean desktop toolbars) in my ubuntu system? I'm looking for a path to a file (or files), and Google didn't help me.
My idea was to copy it in a USB, and then, after reinstallation, to paste it in the place (deleting the one that was created), is this even possible?
I've tried some other things to re-install my system, but I'm just looking for this, please don't post other ways to do it except if this is impossible. I've tried UCK (it didn't work), RemasterSys and I looked at google for this. None work.

stinkeye
January 16th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Do you mean the panel?

Anyway, this is a script that can save and restore the panel as well as set it back to default.

Save as PanelRestore.sh

#!/bin/sh
#
# GNOME Panel Save / Restore
# Writen by PhrankDaChicken
#
# http://ubuntu.online02.com
#
#
# Updated to add restore defaults by jimjimovich
# http://www.starryhope.com
#
#

DIR=$(pwd)
TITLE="PanelRestore"

Main () {
CHOICE=$(zenity --list --title "$TITLE" --hide-column 1 --text "What do you want to do?" --column "" --column "" \
"0" "Save Panel Settings" \
"1" "Restore Panel Settings" \
"2" "Restore Default Panel Settings")
if [ $CHOICE = 0 ]; then
Panel_Save
fi
if [ $CHOICE = 1 ]; then
Panel_Restore
fi
if [ $CHOICE = 2 ]; then
Panel_Defaults
fi
}

Panel_Restore () {
FILE=$(zenity --title "$TITLE: Open File" --file-selection --file-filter "*.xml" )
if [ -n "$FILE" ]; then
gconftool-2 --load "$FILE"
killall gnome-panel
fi
Main
}

Panel_Save () {
FILE=$(zenity --title "$TITLE: Save File" --file-selection --save --confirm-overwrite --filename "Gnome_Panel.xml" --file-filter "*.xml" )
if [ -n "$FILE" ]; then
EXT=$(echo "$FILE" | grep "xml")
if [ "$EXT" = "" ]; then
FILE="$FILE.xml"
fi
gconftool-2 --dump /apps/panel > $FILE
zenity --info --title "$TITLE: File Saved" --text "File saved as: \n $FILE"
fi
Main
}

Panel_Defaults () {
zenity --question --text="Are you sure you want to restore the default top and bottom panels?"
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/panel
rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel
pkill gnome-panel
exit
}

Main

# END OF Script

Right click on the saved file
Properties > permissions and tick execute.

If you don't see the GUI you may need zenity.

sudo apt-get install zenity

pakito15191
January 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
It has a little bug that made me config everything again xD, if you press the "Restore Default Panel Settings", and then, when it says "Are you sure you want to restore the default top and bottom panels?", if you press "No", it restore them anyway! hahaha
But thanks, it was exactly what I was looking for