PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] my software source is not in servers list

deadend3003
January 16th, 2011, 01:18 PM
hi,
i already installed lucid and during installation i didn't change my location to Iran, now i can't see Iran's server in software sources. anybody has an idea how to add it to list? (i mean not to add it manually in "other software" tab)

yeats
January 16th, 2011, 03:21 PM
You can go to System -> Administration -> Software Sources and click on the Download From drop down and select Other... From there click Select Best Server and the system will automatically select the fastest server for you.

For what it's worth, I don't see Iran sources on my list either. Hope that helps!

deadend3003
January 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
You can go to System -> Administration -> Software Sources and click on the Download From drop down and select Other... From there click Select Best Server and the system will automatically select the fastest server for you.

For what it's worth, I don't see Iran sources on my list either. Hope that helps!
i did this, and i'm not wondering you can not see iran in your list because i guess it's related to choose iran as location during installation. when i installed ubuntu for mu friend i selected iran and iran server was in his list.