PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 Installation Problem

ilteo86
January 16th, 2011, 10:40 AM
[Solved]
Hi all,
the premise is I'm not a computer expert; I wanted to try out ubuntu 10.10 by installing it alongside my os (which is windows 7 ultimate); everything seemed to work fine but the installation stopped at the window requesting to enter my password: no error was signaled but I just couldn't press the "forward" button, no matter how much i waited (the process bar on the bottom told me the installation was "ready when you are") so i had to abort the installation by turning the power off. I tried 3 times this way and always had the same issue. Eventually I installed ubuntu "inside" windows from usb using wubi, It's working fine but I would like to understand why the regular installation did not work and correct the problem.

Note: on my brother's laptop I had the opposite problem: the installation from usb using wubi did not work while i had no problem creating an ubuntu partition using the cd.

Krytarik
January 17th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Is that the case?: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1667408

That would be funny!;)

ilteo86
January 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Well, it actually might have been the same case, even though I'm not 100% sure: I just run the installation again and everything worked fine.
Thanks for your help!