PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Linux dual-booting help.

brobanmanx
January 15th, 2011, 11:07 PM
So when i try to install ubuntu dual boot with windows xp, i get an error message saying "Exception processing message c00000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c and every time i try to press cancel try again or continue it wont work. I tried pressing like 100 times on each. can anyone tell me whats wrong? i also tried using a cd burner to burn it into a cd using infrarecorder and it works after i press continue a lot but after i get it installed and reboot there's no menu that pops up saying which operating system i should use. - Just to say windows xp works fine. I just need someone to tell me how to get the dual-boot to work. I have already tryed going to that site that says how to, but nothing like that happens. If anyone can give me some extra stuff that i am missing please do. I have Linux ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386.iso on my comp

**Edit- No, Akand074- When installing ubuntu i got that error message and pressed continue repeatedly until it worked and during the installion the same thing came up, so i just pressed continue. However when i restart my computer after i had installed it no list comes up and it restarts normally.

akand074
January 15th, 2011, 11:11 PM
So wait, did Ubuntu install successfully? And then once you tried to boot into Ubuntu by selecting it from the list in GRUB it gives that error, but selecting Windows XP from that list works fine?