PDA

View Full Version : Why is there an incredibly overwhelming number of windows and mac fanboys on uf

alaukikyo
January 15th, 2011, 11:14 AM
There seems to be an incredible overwhelming number of mac and windows fanboys here.
i like ubuntu i don't register on mac and windows forums and spread fud and pose as an elitist and whine about windows and mac.

Sylos
January 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM
There seems to be an incredible overwhelming number of mac and windows fanboys here.
i like ubuntu i don't register on mac and windows forums and spread fud and pose as an elitist and whine about windows and mac.

Try it! it can be fun!

I jest of course - I would not be so churlish.

I havent really noticed this. I have found quite a few people complaining that "Ubuntu set my PC on fire" or something equally foolish. Many people seem to see the coincidence of hardware failure and trying ubuntu to imply a causal link and then post asking how to purge their machine of the evil FOSS destructor. Other than that I havent notcied many people popping in just to have a pot shot.

Perhaps Im not looking in the right places.

alaukikyo
January 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Other than that I havent notcied many people popping in just to have a pot shot.

Perhaps Im not looking in the right places.

look at the testomonials forum and most negative posts have a poster named similar to "ubuntusucks"

madjr
January 15th, 2011, 12:21 PM
look at the testomonials forum and most negative posts have a poster named similar to "ubuntusucks"

i agree those kind of crap and/or spam/automated posts need to get filtered. If they have trouble they need to ask for support or report bugs, not rant and talk trash after trying it for 5 minutes. It doesn't help anyone.

if they want to talk trash, they can go to the microsoft forums or something.

handy
January 15th, 2011, 12:31 PM
We use Apple hardware & systems here (amongst others). As they suit our requirements (particularly my wife's); requirements that the available software that runs on the distros at this point can not meet.

I much prefer to use a distro & so rarely use OS X, on my dual booting iMac.

I can be called an elitist, fan-boy or whatever, but the titles are all incorrect, as they must be, because whoever uses them on this forum is just shooting in the dark; you don't know me. :)

This kind of thread is just a topic to reinforce the us vs them mentality, which in the end is a negative attitude that all of us could do without.

CharlesA
January 15th, 2011, 12:33 PM
If you have a negative experience with something, of course you are going to not be all that enthusiastic to try it again.

You don't have to be a Windows or Mac "fanboi" for that to happen.