PDA

View Full Version : Linuxmintdebian

Timmer1240
January 15th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Im trying to install linuxmint debian in virtualbox but the installer ALWAYS stops when copying opt/firefox/limozjs.so anyone know what I could be doing wrong?I checked the md5 of the iso and its ok Im getting frustrated with it!Same thing happened when I tryed to install the new crunchbang statler and linux squeeze Im having bad luck with debian!

Timmer1240
January 15th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I got it figured out learned a lessen in partitioning and didnt have the i/o cache on the host enabled now I just got to figure out how to install the guest additions now!If a person never has problems you never learn anything!

kaldor
January 15th, 2011, 06:16 PM
For the guest additions, boot up your Mint Debian VM and when loaded, click machine > install guest additions.

I can't remember the exact location, but you'll figure it out; it's on one of the VM's dropdown menus.

A .iso will mount as a software CD on your LMDE desktop. Browse the folder, and run in terminal the one that matches your machine.

Tibuda
January 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM
For the guest additions, boot up your Mint Debian VM and when loaded, click machine > install guest additions.

I can't remember the exact location, but you'll figure it out; it's on one of the VM's dropdown menus.

A .iso will mount as a software CD on your LMDE desktop. Browse the folder, and run in terminal the one that matches your machine.

I guess you should run the guest additions installer as root. I cant' remember.

Timmer1240
January 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Yes I had to go into filesystem media cdrom open in terminal and enter sudo sh ./VBoxLinuxAdditions-x86.run enter my password and MAGIC!Im still not to good with the terminal but its a must in some instances! And Im really liking this distro might have to jump to this seems really nice!