PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Twinview right screen as primary

spiRos21r
January 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I 've read almost everything in this forum about this issue but nothing seems to solve it..

I just bought a 24" monitor and I only have space for it physically left from my laptop..
My problem is that whenever I put it to the left of my laptop in nvidia-settings layout the monitor becomes the primary screen..

Yes, I've checked the box for the screen I want to have as the primary one and selected TwinView and they don't resolve it.

To sum it up whatever screen is on the left automatically becomes the primary screen while I want the right screen(smaller one) to be primary.

spiRos21r
January 15th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Since i still haven't found a solution I went to a friend who has Ubuntu and his setup worked perfectly.. I don't know what's wrong with my installation..

Anw, I 've tried to use them as separate X Screens and wasn't successful either as the external monitor just shows the desktop but when i drag the mouse there it really doesn't do anything and the mouse has the icon that is not clickable (busy).

Any takes on this?

Thanks..

Ah, I should also mention that I have an Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT and that one screen is 8-bit while the laptop's screen is 6-bit.