PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot install Ubuntu 10.10 32-bit desktop

_mOrgoth_
January 14th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hi all!!
Well.. I am using Ubuntu for couple of years and this is the first time I see something like this.. I downloaded ISO image from Ubuntu download site and burned it to cd.. PC normally boots from CD, loads Isolinux and than come purple screen and thats it... After that display shuts down, I hear that PC load still something from CD so I leave him for 30min-s but nothing..
I downloaded ISO two times, I burned CD for two times.. I have tried boot from USB two times but same thing..
I am totally confused..

dino99
January 14th, 2011, 02:48 PM
always burn with the slowest speed

then boot by adding (F6) either: acpi=off, nomodeset, and remove quiet splash to see whats bad

yeats
January 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Have you tried using the alternate installer CD (http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/alternative-download)?

_mOrgoth_
January 14th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Thx for tips and advice.. SOLVED!!!!
I had to do the following:
During boot of CD, press F6 and than I get installation menu. Press F6 again and select NOMODESET. After that, installation is going normally. After Ubuntu is installed again same thing during boot..
So.. hold shift during boot. Press e to edit grub, add again nomodset after "quiet splash" and hit ctrl-x. PC boot to Ubuntu.
To make changes in grub permanent:
In console tipe: sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
edit line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
add nomodset to it:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset", save and exit..
Run command: sudo update-grub and that is it!!
I know that bugs like this can be very irritating, specially for someone who is experiencing linux for the first time, so hope this tips might help.. Big thx again!!

_mOrgoth_
January 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
During boot of CD, press F6 and than I get installation menu. Press F6 again and select NOMODESET. After that, installation is going normally. After Ubuntu is installed again same thing during boot..
So.. hold shift during boot. Press e to edit grub, add again nomodset after "quiet splash" and hit ctrl-x. PC boot to Ubuntu.
add nomodset to it:
I know that bugs like this can be very irritating, specially for someone who is experiencing linux for the first time, so hope this tips might help.. Big thx again!!

_mOrgoth_
January 14th, 2011, 10:17 PM
always burn with the slowest speed

then boot by adding (F6) either: acpi=off, nomodeset, and remove quiet splash to see whats bad
add nomodset to it:

_mOrgoth_
January 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Sorry for triple post.. I my internet connection is breaking..