PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstalling Alien Arena game

Maruthi.linux
January 14th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Hey Guys,

I am newbie to ubuntu.. and i have installed the Alien Arena game some how..
but i now need to install and i dont know how to go about this... where that game installed and all
please help

Thanks

tommcd
January 14th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I am newbie to ubuntu.. and i have installed the Alien Arena game some how..
Somehow?? How did you install it? Did you install Alien Arena from the Ubuntu repositories? Or did you install Alien Arena from source code?

but i now need to install and i dont know how to go about this... where that game installed and all

If you want to uninstall the game:
If you installed it from the Ubuntu repos, you can uninstall it via Synaptic or the software center.
If you installed it from source code, you will likely have to delete the directories the installer created. Most likely, the game will have installed to /usr/local/games/ or possibly /usr/local/. There will also be an executable launcher in /usr/bin/ or /usr/local/bin/.

Write back if you need more help.
FYI: If you ever install something from source code, it helps if you first find out how to uninstall it, in case you ever need to.

And welcome to the Ubuntu forums!

fulldanad
May 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I did install the game via the Ubuntu(11.04) Repo qnd now the uninstall does not work, what should I do to investigate this ? Is this right to just delete the folder ?

Cheers
Dany

fulldanad
May 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Ok, I found a clean way to remove it with the "Getionnaire de packets Synaptic"

Cheers
:KS