PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hash isn't matching

c911darkwolf
January 14th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Ok so i've downloaded the 64bit and 32bit version of 10 and they wouldn't install. Following some old post here i used the md5sum to check the iso. neither matched. downloaded 64bit a second time and didn't match.

When i try to install i get the Unable to mount /loop error thats pretty common here.

all 3 downloads (2x 64bit desktop & 1x 32bit desktop) came from ubuntu. Is there a problem with the hash coding or is there a better site i should be downloading from? i'm on a 6.0 dsl connection which takes about a hour to download it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quackers
January 14th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Welcome to UF :-)
If the hash isn't matching (and you're sure that you are comparing the correct hash from the Ubuntu site) it appears that the download is becoming corrupt.
You could try downloading via a torrent site.

c911darkwolf
January 19th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Issue Solved!

Thanks Quackers. I downloaded 4 different versions from Ubuntu directly and the hashes never matched, the Torrent site you suggested all of them matched perfectly.

Hope they update the site soon as i'm sure many others are having the same problem.

c911darkwolf
January 19th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Issue Solved!

Thanks Quackers. I downloaded 4 different versions from Ubuntu directly and the hashes never matched, the Torrent site you suggested all of them matched perfectly.

Hope they update the site soon as i'm sure many others are having the same problem.