PDA

View Full Version : Swigz Eletric Super Bike Very Cool!

BigCityCat
January 14th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Be sure to watch the vid. On my Birthday.

Breaking News: We did it! The SWIGZ.COM team scores two podiums with the electric superbike against gas superbikes in WERA racing action, January 9, 2011

http://chipyates.com/

BigCityCat
January 14th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Hmmm I guess you guys are a bunch of nerds. lol

nerdy_kid
January 14th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Hmmm I guess you guys are a bunch of nerds. lol

:lolflag:

I actually have a gas pocket bike, but I don't use it for racing -- just driving around my yard...at least I will use it for that once the snow goes away :D It is an X1 with a CVT on it, goes about 25.

Evil-Ernie
January 14th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Nice bike! Don't the batteries affect the handling?

uRock
January 14th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Congrats on winning.

nerdy_kid
January 14th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Nice bike! Don't the batteries affect the handling?

Na not really, the battery is pretty small and it is centered in the middle of the bike. On the other hand, I havn't had too much time to try it out, so maybe it would make a difference racing it. I got it used from my cousin around Thanksgiving and spent until December fixing it up. The CVT was busted, had stone age gas still in it, etc. Right now I have fixed it up to the stock level, I'll probably tweak it some more in the summer to get more speed out of it.

lol not anywhere nice as looking as the one on the site you linked, but I think mine looks half decent :D

Evil-Ernie
January 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Looks cool! What motor/batteries are you using? I take it this is an ongoing project?

nerdy_kid
January 14th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Sorry for the delay, UF is crawling slow right now and I couldn't reply... seems to be better now.

Its a 49cc motor, all stock except for the CVT. The battery is just a generic 7.2 amp 12 volt. I actually picked the bike up Thanksgiving day from my cousin who had it sitting in his garage for ever. I've spent most of the time between then and now fixing it up, so unfortunately haven't had very much time to get the feel of it. I do wish I had some more off roadish tires, cause I have a large wooded yard, but oh well. It seems just street tires are available for the X1. It is going to be an ongoing project, mainly to give myself something other then geekhood as a hobby :lolflag:

nerdy_kid
January 14th, 2011, 08:25 PM
duplicate post